Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Introducing Joakim Karlsen

Hi.

My name is Joakim Tandberg Karlsen and I wanted to use this forum to introduce my self.

For the last 3 years I have been coaching in Newport, Rhode Island. It started out as just a summer program, but is now a program that lasts from March-November. People might now us as Brenton Cove or RIOT.


I am 30 years old and from Drammen, Norway. I grew up sailing in a very small town called Svelvik which has about 6500 people. I started sailing when I was 6 years old.

I am very excited to be here in Florida and at LYC. I remember from when I was 11 years old and wanted to go to this regatta called Orange Bowl. Unfortunately I never got the chance to do this, but I am very excited about coaching it for the first time with Juan and LYC.


If there is anything at all please do not hesitate to talk to me when we are at the sailing center. And if anyone is interested in private lessons, please get in touch with Julia Melton and we can set it up.

I do apologies for the bad grammar :)

Some of my merits:

- 2nd place, Opti European Team Race Championship, Berlin

- 1997 Opti Worlds, place not important :), Ireland

- Individual National Champion, Europe Dinghy

- Team Race National Champion, Europe Dinghy

- Ranked 3rd in the World for Men, Europe Dinghy

-  Coached Luke Ingalls 2013 Opti National Champion, Grosse Point



Very excited about the months I will stay her.

Best Regards


Joakim Karlsen















No comments:

Post a Comment