Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It Comes Back

New LYC member George Uznis heard about our team heading to his hometown of Grosse Point and made the offer below.  Anyone interested in taking advantage of this great housing opportunity, please e-mail me at bob3@supersailmakers.com and I'll forward the first replies to George (so he doesn't get several).  I'm following up on the boat(s) and will have more info for the group soon.  Maybe more important, please read and understand this is what our sailing culture produces.  Let's follow his example in the future and always ask what we can do to help others coming to LYC.  This is what we do.

_____________________________________

Bob,
Good to hear from you.

You know the GPYC is not located in proximity of the hotels or motels and I can easily accommodate a family. My house is on the lake 2 1/2 miles from GPYC.

 It was 20 years ago but my son Mike was on the world team for 2 years and I was USODA trustee. I know the drill. I will send you a photo or the 21" Shearwater that I can make available.  I also have a 21" Mako that I will be out in and can take some people.

In 1988 my kids had never seen an Optimist and we came to LYC  for the Boomerang Regatta and Clyde set us up in boats and it "took", something parents don't forget.

Pleased to help,


George

No comments:

Post a Comment